Purchasing and Logistics Agent
Organize the shipping out of finished goods and tools to customers and job sites. Organize in bound shipments and other logistical needs. Purchase equipment, tools, parts, materials, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Receive materials and coordinate distribution to Production and other departments. Perform regular inventory counts.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Organize inbound and outbound shipping of goods. The workload on this job function is related to overall production workload and constitutes a major part of this role.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Receive goods and coordinate distribution and storage.
- Confer with staff, users, and suppliers to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Assess logistics/shipping companies based on performance
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations. Follow policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Source products and components with suppliers. Interview and evaluate suppliers to learn about products, services, and prices
- Negotiate terms, conditions and agreements with suppliers.
- Review product specifications and maintain a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Review requisitions for goods and services, solicit bid proposals and prepare and issue purchase orders. Maintain and review computerized records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Coordinate inventory counts on a regular schedule.
- Set up purchasing strategies, such as reorder points, maximum inventory levels, optimum inventory storage and distribution.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Familiarity with QuickBooks a benefit but not essential. Ability to learn new software is essential.
Transferable skills from an ERP system are advantageous.
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : 5 years related experience preferred
Tampa, Florida, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment Without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.